Day One - A song you like with colour in

I am a few days behind so I'll put all the days I have done so far.

Day one - A song you like with a colour in



Starting strong with one of my favourite bands, Pearl Jam and the colour is yellow. Yellow Ledbetter. One of their earliest songs.

Some other contenders were;

Pink Floyd - Green is the colour
Nick Drake - Pink Moon


Day Two - A song you like with a number in it




Classic Europop from Germany with Nena and this classic from 1984.

Day Three - A song that reminds you of summertime

And the very wonderful Nick Drake. A tragic story of a songwriter, a man so incredibly vulnerable and shy, who, through his musical talent, released a few albums in the late 60s. His reluctance to tour, perform or interview meant commercially they weren't successful. He retreated home to his parents home suffering from massive depression and in 1974 he tragically died from an overdose at the age of 26. After his death his music become hugely successful, compared to when he was alive. His voice and lyrics remind me of my teenage summers when I too fought through depression and angst. His music proved a great comfort. Especially this song.






Day 4 - A song that reminds you of someone you'd rather forget

Day four was quite hard as there aren't really anyone i have come across who I can still remember who I would rather forget. I have been rather choosy and insular with my friendships so I am not quite ready to erase people from my memory. They have come and gone; some remain, but none would I cast from my mind, unknown. So, a tough one. I have therefore gone with a song that reminds me of a particular messy, and sad break-up from years ago.



Still a great track regardless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting