Morning Buzz

This morning finds me on the 9th of the 10 trains I will have travelled on since Wednesday morning. You would be mistaken if you thought I was tired of trains, I'm not. Tired of the journeys perhaps.

This morning was an earlier start as I am heading to London, arriving in time for the tube rush hour, one of the many joys I have experienced in life. In a herodotean type digression, I once did central London to heathrow on the tube with a suitcase as I was flying to Madrid! How popular was I then!

Still, one of the very many reasons I enjoy trains is the view. And Autumn/Winter is arguably my favourite time, especially coupled with starting in the dark and still being on the train as daylight begins. Why you may ask?

I shall explain. Mainly, at this time of year there is an absence of sun rising in the sky when Dawn breaks, usually blocked by a thick layer of cloud. This makes the day break darker and more emotive, to me.

When you travel through the countryside and see the undulating landscape, impressive enough, but when the now defrocked trees and hedges are blanketed in a whispy, white mist, there is no landscape finer to my eyes. The English countryside is so attractive when this happens. I, for a reason I cannot completely explain, probably a literary association of the books I read as a teenager, thing back to the time of king Arthur and dark age Britan when faced with a mist covered scene, as it seems to be the back drop to knights and forging nations, as Uther Pendragon says, in the film Excalibur "Merlin, weave the dragons breath, to hide me." before he is killed.

There will always be, at least to me, of how in this landscape England becomes "Albion".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting