Day 11 - A song that you never tire of

I am not sure I have ever tired of my music. I have grown tired of what people would class as chart music. I have on occasion stopped listening to some of the musicians I adore because, with an album being on constant play and me being pushed further into solitude is probably not a great place to be.

A rare occurrence in the main. The vast majority of songs I would class as listenable all the time, anytime - with the exception of yesterdays - The song I have plumped for today is a classic Led Zeppelin track from the wonderful Led Zeppelin IV album. 

The song is Going to California.




The song is one of the more stripped back and tender songs on an album that produces some of the Zeppelins most bombastic, loud, brash rock and roll tracks. It is virtually folk rock, before it had been invented. Led Zeppelin did a lot of inventing; Folk Rock, Heavy Metal. They started it all.

This one full of mysticism and imagery - a true early hippy trip.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting