Day 10 - A song that makes you sad

An easier option to choose from in Day 11. It plays to all my strengths. I can do sadness. I can do it very well. I have an entire music collection built on introspection, heartbreak and sadness. How hard can it be? It isn’t! Not even in the slightest. The choice had already been made 25 years ago. A song, by one of my favourite bands that has followed me through life. I have already earmarked it for my funeral.

Hothouse Flowers, If you go.




A song written about the lead singer, Liam’s friend who at a young age died in a motorbike accident. The song is on their debut album, People. It is heartbreaking song for him and I would imagine a lot of Hothouse Flowers fans. It makes me sad, because a lot of the trauma I have been through has been soundtracked by this song. They do say loss is a difficult thing and this song explains and helps the recovery process. Well, it has for me, at times.

An easy choice then.

A particularly beautiful one, too. Perhaps not the best memories though, but we never really get to choose them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting