My actual favourite sketch/etch artist for those who are interested

and I think I can count this by looking in the mirror and seeing it's only me. Which is one. But hey it's my blog and therefore a dictatorship where one is a majority. MC Escher is great and bonkers, but I have a contiunual dream that one day I will own an original etching by Giovanni Battista Piranesi, an 18th century italian engraver, who is famous for his etchings of ancient Roman ruins and more so from my perspective, the series I first saw was the, Carceri d'invenzione, the imaginery prisons series of etchings. Sadly, They really start from a reserve price of about £450 for the less famous works and gradually head up into the £2-3500 price bracket at auction, for an etching about 20 x 18inches in size, proving small is beautiful but really, rather expensive.


I guess I found them intoxicatingly intricate and the product of an incredible mind. They also happened to look like the artwork I could only dream of producing, style wise. Here is an example;



It appeals to the goth within, does it not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting