The garden project part, whatever...

...Continues unabaited and seems to grow and grow, which ironically the newly sowed grass isn't. But heyho, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and my back must therefore be becoming somewhat broader. After the heavy lifting and creation of our new entry into said Garden. It was decided that we needed to chop back the far end trees that hung to the wall like leeches to flesh, except instead of blood they sucked mortar.

This an old photo which shows the amount of growth projecting from the wall and overhanging the bench. I have decided to show a winter one to show how lovely winter can look.



This one I used to try and show how far forward the bench is because of the overgrowth, and should be seen in the context of the following photos, which shows what can happen over a couple of days when you garden with brute strength and a saw!



So It took a at least five trips to the local tip to rid the garden of the complete butchered mess I made of the back wall foliage, which I 'cut back' in my gardening style. So the back now looks a little more like this!



which is a lot less intrusive and while it was fun dangling my body off tree branches at points of the process, fun must be overiden in pursuit of the purpose of tidying the garden. The reason is now, though, lost to me in time. I shall ask the good wife tomorrow.
So that was the wall beaten back and now the floor, which was moss covered and essentially, green. This was attacked in very much the same way and low and behold we discovered a very large patio hidden under the moss and the soil, which impressed me as I didn't know there was one there and my wife pointed out that she, even after all these years hadn't seen the full patio as she'd never fully cleared that end and my back truly understands why not. It is quite a large area of the garden and makes it look even bigger than changing the entry has. It is even big enough for the table and chairs, a barbeque perhaps or my dream, one of those swedish Log cabins that are like wooden sanctuary's designed for summers evenings and test match cricket on long wave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting