Industrial Gardening, Theaker Style, part Quattro??

In prior posts from a couple of days ago I presented the beginning of part tre in the ongoing theaker conquest of Mother nature, in the form of our Garden. And conquest is the right name as that's how I tend to garden. It is the enemy and I am the Gardening Khan.
So, today, while multitasking I continued the annihilation process by acquiring an essential gardening tool. A very Large sledge hammer, the weapon of choice to a gardening tyrant.

But to explain the genius of the hammer I have to pay thanks to the next door neighbour who solved my 'what am I to do with a half tonne concrete post and a tiny 2 door car issue?'. For those among you of forensic mind you will already see the requirement for the hammer? I needed two things

1 - Get rid of post which is solidly encased in bricks and concrete and made of concrete.

2 - require a foundation to re-lay slabs on made of bricks and concrete.

The lightbulb lit up the town and so Mr Hammer was introduced to Mr Concrete Post. I have also had a tough week, so I used the skill of visualisation to aid the 'swing' so to speak, and Mr Concrete disappeared under a manic procession of Oscar Wilde to Gene wilder swings, (geddit? From wilde to Wilder, that's arguably my greatest pun, right there, there in black and white!)

So, to prevent the aussies getting up through the deep pit I had dug, and for you Edgar Allen Poe goth girls or Guys out there, it aint that pit and no, there wasnt a pendulum present either.



(wave goodbye Mr Post. you mess with me? You mess with my family? obviously as you can see I lacked water and fish, with which to make it sleep and I felt a little guilty of carting it down the road and finding one. As I am sure the confusion of a neighbour waking up with a post sleeping with their fishies, is essentially, wrong, morally or so my compass tells me)

Now that I had my sacrificial Foundation in place. I proceeded to apply the top soil and again thanks to the next door neighbour a little bit of cement and the old slabs were returned to their original place and a wider access was thus created.





The Gardening Khan, his mighty war hammer covered in the soil and concrete of his defeated enemy, stood, triumphantly, surveying the new world order. He removed his battle weary gaze from the field of victorious conflict and gently strode away to his camp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting