The Theaker family are turning into the family grizwold!

Today, we decided mid-journey to head out to Available car to look at cars for when the child is born. We have been thinking of a Fiesta and so we thought, we'll go and have a sit inside and look at boot space and while we are there we'll check out the competitor cars too. We felt this to be the Seat Ibiza and the Skoda Fabia. So we arrived and took a walk about the giant warehouse. Well when I say we took a walk, I really mean, my wife walked I somehow was overcome by the desire, to sit in every single car I came too and press buttons (This revealed within me a side I never knew existed. I can only assume that somehow acquiring a licence has unlocked a secret room in my head that feels it is a good thing to stroke steering wheels, push buttons, etc. I didn't however go vroom, vroom. The windows were open, obviously).


After removing the Skoda Fabia and the Seat Ibiza from our potential list, we felt that the fiesta we had sat in was, quite frankly, streets ahead of them and it was a done deal. Apart from the very nice Mercedes Estate I tried out. I now know how you spot a nice car, the inside is not moulded grey plastic but contains some type of polished wood, which did get me thinking of that longed for, Oak gearstick and black ash effect steering wheel.

But then...ta-da, the giant flake, of the 99 of life, entered our world. In the form of perhaps the ugliest car seen since, the car my wife described as the ugliest car she had seen in the world, when spotted driving through Kirkby; The Aston Martin DB7! And that is the only way in which an Aston Martin DB7, arguably the most beautiful piece of craftmenship in the automotive world, will be mentioned in the same sentence as a Ford Fusion!

But the Fushion; it was like a fiesta designed by the men at BIG and TALL clothing company, suitable for people of above average height. For me it was lovely to sit in and not want to make sardine impressions, while inside. So the Fusion jumped to the front of the list as the boot was big enough to put, well, big boots in. As well as Prams, travel cots, Furniture, Small dogs, big dogs, giraffes, Germans, Luxemborg, frigates...

Now, and here comes the part where I display where the Theaker minds work in tandem like Torvill and Dean, Abbott and Costello. Though in this case, more Laurel and Hardy. I adjust the seat to my driving position which tends to be 10 ft from the dashboard because of my legs, and we both get into the back to get a feel of the passengers experience. Except now, we couldn't actually get out of the car! It was locked and Lo...one of the added extras of the Ford Fusion range is, yes, child locks on the back doors! Now while it took a full minute for this to sink in and we both came to the conclusion that this was the reason. (The thought had crossed my mind to react in a mans way and just pull really hard at the handle until something happened or went bang).

So, in the middle of available car, this afternoon, about 2.30ish, you may have seen a rather tall man winding down a window in the back of a Fusion, trying to remain unobserved so he could let himself and his wife out of a second hand car that they had trapped themselves in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting