Albania Two

As a result of our friend shooting off to Albania, they held a Yard sale on Saturday from 10-3. I could not go in the morning, but my wife did. I had a prior engagement at Boxercise! (oh, yes still going, but there are now men making me feel less selfconscious!). Though when the good lady wife returned and I had too, from the gym we attacked the contents fo the shed like Americans do the middle east. We made two trips and got loads skipped, horrible old carpet and stuff we really can do without, though the bike is still there, just wish it could be stored somehow else. After our last load I decided to take a different route home, which involved getting lost, but once found again we headed down Clumber and decided at that point to drop and see them at the yard as it was 2.50pm. And boy am I glad we did. The wife isn't, really. As we managed (well more me, really) found a veritable delight of leftover stuff, and here it is!



I'll let you guess which I got and which I wasn't involved in and will put the answers on the bottom of the post. But from left we have;

A book the Pedagogy of the Oppressed, looks a daunting read about how the wealthy oppress the poor I believe. A German (therefore, well made), Plastic brass effect Carriage clock powered by a AA battery (It's nice, I assure you. It's a carriage clock, by nature they all are), A cute wooden Pig, A cute Wooden carved Green frog which sits on shelves! (How Cool), A wooden coat hanger, which shall be painted and put onto the back of the Nursery door (which won't in fact look like a nursery), Child latches for kitchen Cupboards, apparently very useful but I will be so embarrassed if I can't use them. I'll starve! Plug Protectors (Always handy), Cat Repellent (For repelling Cats!) Frog Frame (It's green and has frogs, you put photos in, there's nothing missing from that sentence), Book Light (It clips onto the book and is a light!), Sooty Bookends (For the nursery). As any follower of Cicero knows, a House without books is a house without a soul. To be fair he said library, but the reasoning is the same. As you can see a vast array of quality merchandise and only a couple of bits my wife really, really, hates.

So did you guess right; I was responsible for The book, the carriage clock, the wooden pig, Wooden Frog, Frog Frame, booklight and sooty bookends (which I was a little disappointed with as I had hoped for sweep being on one as he was my favourite). My wife is repsonsible for all the rest. She hates most the carriage clock, which is bizarre as I got it as a present for her, also the wooden Pig and frog, both types. I was, unjustly, accused of being a tat collector.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've got to ask. Did you have a good reason for buying a carriage click?
Tony Theaker said…
Yes, it is beautiful.
Anonymous said…
i have got to say, I am 100% for lots of books, but those bookends are revolting!!!
Tony Theaker said…
The bookends are sooty, how can they be revolting. I admit I do prefer sweep, but it's sooty. He's an institution. I don't know how you could say such a thing.

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting