Modern Olympians


You could have, until today counted the number of Olympians I have met on one hand. The number being 0. But today, I met my first ever Olympian, in fact a double Gold Medal winning Olympian, no less. Dame Kelly Holmes, in fact. Winner of the 800 & 1500 meters at the 2004 Athens Games.

Not just an Olympian, but an actual Gold Medalist winning Athlete. And to be honest, It was great fun and I did feel a little star struck as I am sure she did too, meeting me. She cannot be more than about 5ft 7in and looks to weigh about 8stone, very petit, but has the look, obviously, of being supremely fit.

Now, just having a quick chat with her makes you realise just how great she must be at motivating people to achieve. She is so down to earth and friendly, but ultimately a great role model I would say, from my impressions, as to why you can, through total dedication achieve whatever goal you set yourself. And if you do aim and work hard you can get one of these...


...a real solid Gold Medal. Which is beautifully heavy and quite frankly the kind of thing you could stare at all day, if you had one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting