Pointless presents, from the past.

Okay, so for those who don't know we at the Theaker household are having what is commonly called a clear out in preparation for the arrival of Child. It can indeed be cathartic. But it does turn up some surprises. And my books are one of them. Today I revealed this book, pictured below.



Arguably my favourite author is David Gemmell, who passed away last year, and was I think the best fantasy writer in the UK. His first book and masterpiece was called 'Legend'. Now, as I found myself in Prague, a city I love, about 6 years or so ago. I always wanted to visit Prague, pretty much from the day I watched this music video by one of my favourite bands, INXS.



While I was in Prague I walked into a bookshop and there in front of me was a copy of David Gemmells, Legend, 'Legenda'. So as a treat I purchased it. The only drawback being it is translated into the Czech. Looking back it was perhaps a pointless gift and now it is leaving the house. Unless of course I quickly learn Czech.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting