Trip to the walk in centre

I haven’t visited this part of the walk in centre before. These places tend to be fairly grim. I seem to remember that my last visit was over 8 years ago when it turned out I had broken some toes. I remember it involved a long wait. Hopefully with an appointment it may not involve a geological wait, like last time.

However, these places tend to be invariably busy, don’t they. The major illnesses and the minor malaise all congregates into this green floored waiting area it seems. 

The building is clearly too hot, hospitals always resemble baking ovens in my experience. It’s worse when you visit someone and in their room or there is just warm air and no respite. I hate that claustrophobic feeling it imparts. I have never coped well in heat so hospitals are really not places I wish to find myself in. Yet here I am, after 8 years taking advantage of the National Health Service. Truly one of the most civilised creations made by the human spirit. Something to be treasured. 

No choice but to wait is there. I had an appointment 12 minutes ago. There are certainly less people here than when I arrived. People seem to be taken in batches. 

Grim places as I said. Yet here I wait to be seen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting