The Perfect Holiday Weather


Nothing is quite as beautiful or as awe inspiring as a good, old fashioned thunder and lightning storm over head. Here in Malta, there has been one building for a while and it came across tonight, not as fork lighting but just flashes of lightning and strong sounds of thunder, or as Pink Floyd described it, The Delicate Sound Of Thunder). It reminds me of Macbeth's soliloquy where life is full 'sound and fury', that is the encapsulation of a thunder storm, 'sound and fury'. Of course, Shakespeare then had Macbeth say, that it 'signified nothing'. I am not sure that applies here, and it always feels as though it is the sound an angry world would make. Indeed on some planets in our solar system you would of course be subjected (could you survive in the environment, to witness it), a lifetime of continual storms that would make ours seem like a small firecracker when set off next to an atomic weapon.

…As a bizarre end note, on the day I returned to work, one of my colleagues asked me how was the thunderstorm? I was a little surprised that one of my work colleagues turned out to be an avid Maltese weather watcher, but it actually came to pass that he had a friend in Malta who had relayed to him that this thunderstorm was the worst to hit Malta in 30 years!! It turned out a little more impressive than I thought!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting