I first wanted to be blasted into space but quite frankly this wins my heart, literally.

Okay, so have you thought of the end game of what happens to the vessel when death strikes? I have, and I was quite convinced that there were 2 ways in which I would prefer to dealt with when my time comes. I have been for a fair few years now.

1 - Have my ashes blasted into space. This option has always been a favourite, if only from the point of view that at some point, in a geological time scale my ashes, based on the laws of probabilities, will converge and form an asteroid or even a planet, both options are pretty darn cool. So I can truly reside on Planet Theaker, instead of being accused of this, I will become one.

2 - The full on Viking cremation at sea. While my mortal remains sail out to sea my friends on the river bank will launch a flaming arrow into the wooden funeral pyre upon which I would lie, dressed as a Victorian dandy. There are two issues here which would need sorting, one would be to begin befriending the UK Olympic archery team and the other is finding an expanse of water capable of holding this ceremony as I don't think the romance of the situation would carry with me floating away on Kings Mill Res and getting snapped on a fishing net. I am thinking English Channel.

So, in my mind this was the choice. But then I found this link which has made the decision even harder!

http://www.nadinejarvis.com/projects/carbon_copies

I cannot imagine anything more poetic than becoming a set of 240 pencils, contained within a box where you sharpen me back into the box, making it after 240 pencils, an Urn. Practical yet also dignified. I would even have my name on the Pencil!

My wife may think I am a freak (her exact words), but this would be quite handy next to the telephone, as we use pencils for taking messages.

I would though need to know if I could specify the hardness or softness of the pencil. I for instance think of myself as at least a 3H onwards.

Comments

Zoe said…
I actually quite like it!!

Z
Tony Theaker said…
And it's recycling too. Good for the environment.

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting