The Greatest Cartoon, this world has or ever will see!

When I was a young boy and the world seemed vast and my imagination was perhaps wider than it is now. I absolutely adored this long, long running cartoon. It did seem to go on for years but that's another story. I remember having to wake up at 5.30 or 6am every weekday just to watch this, I was an addict and no doubt you can see why. It is ironic that I became a classicist and it perhaps was in no small part to this cartoon. It is an adaptation of the Homeric Odyssey (Ulysses being the latin translated of Odysseus, one of the heroes of the trojan war), in outer space who offends the Gods and must search for his him, like the Ancient Greek story. The idea of putting Ulysses in space apealed to my absolute love of all things space and tied on to my love of all things ancient I guess I had no chance, but to love this cartoon as I grew up and in fact it probably did guide my thoughts towards wanting to understand the 'real' story and then the 'geek' was truly born.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting