Return to sender, or not, as the case may be!

 I had forgotten to mention that a few weeks ago we required some plumbing work to be done outside. A pipe had been caught by a piece of falling masonry and seemed to have got cracked, when another piece of pipe was sliced through. Hadn't noticed the crack until we experienced a smell in the bathroom. We then discovered that there was a u-bend on the end of the pipe outside. When taken off and cleaned out the pipe cracked some more and then began to leak. The issue was the pipe was just a fraction to high for me with our current step ladders. We bought them when we moved in. They have been useful, but they were never the tallest stepladders. In the end we bit the bullet and looked at buying some more practical ladders that would allow us to go higher if needed. I found ladders of the telescopic variety. They are lightweight and push down to a smaller size than even the step ladders we own! 

Like the vast majority of items that are physically made nowadays they arrived from China, and they arrived remarkably swiftly. Unfortunately they were delivered by Hermes. This meant that when I went out for some fresh air at about 3.30pm one day I was greeted by an unknown, large cardboard box propped up against the boot of my car. The trunk if you happen to be an American, of course. Leaning on the back of the car was a box containing my ladders. Had I a notification? Nope! Did I know how long the ladders had been propped up by my car? again, no I had not a clue. They could have been there since 10am. Neither had there been a knock on the door, nor a rung doorbell. At least I finally found them and they were safely moved into the garage. 

I came across the delivery note. The ladders were sent by Bill & Diane. I know this as the instructions clearly stated at the end; 'We want you to be satisifed, by Bill & Diane.'

I also know that if I were to have a problem with the ladders I have the ability to return them as, again, Bill and Diane tell me that I can, 'Please contact us so we can make it right for you!'

The only issue I do have is if I have to send them back, for example, if a rung or 2 is missing, then the address is not as clear as a UK address would need to be. So, let's see if you could put this on an envelope! 



I didn't study Geography at University, but even I know that over the sea isn't technically a correct postal address. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting