New Era

 I think with my poor mental calendar my daughter, the first born, has been in secondary school for 5 weeks now. Maybe 4 full weeks and a couple of days. It is the beginning of the most crucial period of her growth as a human being. 11-20 is quite a time of fundamental change. From child to adult. For most that is. I have stretched mine out a bit longer than that, some would argue.

Here she stands on this monumental threshold, the shadow she casts now is very small and not so far into the distance, but it will grow and then stretch further as she becomes a woman. It's a brand new start for her. I think she is currently enjoying it. I think, personally, that this current pandemic has helped her by keeping the older children away. The school will be less of a bear pit than they inevitably are, or can be if you are in someway timid, weak, or daft. Teenage children can have a proclivity towards being hurtful.

You kind of want to keep them safe and protected from it all, don't you? but that's not the job. The job is to hopefully help guide, and comfort them when they make their own errors. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting