Pretty Good Years

Everything seems to run in four year phases. My four year stint as a district councillor came to an end last week. I was not sad, it is something in effect I was kind of hoping would happen for, probably, two years now. The one sadness was that the actual work was interesting and varied and I can honestly say that I served them all well, the residents got a good service. It was outside factors really, that pointed me towards seeing not being elected as a relief to me personally and professionally. Over the last few weeks I have been looking at where I was and where I am now, four years on. I have faced and experienced some pretty huge changes. In 2007 when elected, I was never married. Now I am facing my upcoming fourth anniversary. I now have responsibility for 2 children, one just about to turn two and the other is only 4months old, arguably the cause of my most fundamental life changes and experiences over the last few years. both have been an absolute joy in every way. At times, the responsibility is terrifying and there have been scary moments when they fall ill, but all together it's been a great time and they really are my future and priority. At times I catch myself thinking of what they will become, how they will develop. Who'll become the best Classicist, etc. Important stuff like this. Will they cope with the world better than I? I hope so as I would like to think that I can help them avoid pitfalls that befell me and I was too naive and sheltered and had no fatherly guidance to help me out. But everyone wants that as a parent, don't they? To provide improvement for their life over what I had.

So I face a future that will be different to the last four years. I would like to think that it will prove a little less hectic than the past four but will be as equally enjoyable, filled to the brim and develops me, so that in 2015 I can look back again and see a distinct change.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting