Bomb's Away

It's not every day that you wake up to your street being cordoned off by the Police. It's certainly the first time for me, even more so because of a suspicious package and to then be informed that the army bomb disposal team is on it's way to investigate. We managed to get out just in time as we were due to visit somebody and when we arrived back there were no missing houses, no blackened crater where the road once was. I presume it was a false alarm, a poorly delivered 'amazon' parcel or the like, maybe just a box of old pant's and Lego.

What it did reveal is how much I despise the nanny-ish ways that the state can deal with you. The classic conversation with the policeman along the lines of, can we leave by the other exit as the package is at the bottom of the other end of the street? Replied to by, 'it's for your own safety if you stay in the house and don't go'. The frustration of this still gets me as I am the judge of my own safety. Should I choose to follow a path and it goes wrong, then it is 'my' fault. Nobody else's.

And quite frankly, going out in a huge fireball appeals to the Hollywood actor within me, flinging myself over the church wall to protect myself. Hopefully our street is no longer a target for the bombers!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting