You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps.

Is one of the many little work posters that occassionally appear to amuse people who require a more imaginative humour. They are not my cup of tea, I class them with bumper stickers as almost a form of alerting you to the individual in the car or at the desk, from which it hangs proudly as if it was crafted from within the witty mind of Oscar Wilde, who was funny.
Now I found myself seeing a work colleague today, and he had obviously taken one of these little poster formats and created his own, or copied it from somewhere, I didn't ask which, because I was slightly crushed by the content having spent 7 years of my life studying the classics and it seemed to, in a nut shell sum up the whole roman aspect of classics, where there have been millions of words printed about the subject. It read; It was a comic look at the over reliance on meetings within my work world.

"The Romans did not build the Roman Empire on meeting after meeting, discussing how to build the Empire. The Romans built the empire by killing everybody who opposed them."

Which in a nut shell is pretty true. It made me smile. I hate meetings that aren't focused, or irrelevant and add no value, especially when we could be out doing. Which the Romans did, they were great 'doers'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting