The Onion is now a work in Progress

I created my brine today and the onions are now in soak, as I type. I decided to try a more modest beginning for my pickling and a slightly more radical type as an addition. So I have two types of pickling vinegar out the back, outside getting cold.

The first is a malt vinegar with pickling spices, with a little added chilli powder, to add that oomph, hopefully.

The second, I experimented by using a cider Vinegar, and added to this the pickling spices. It is a lot lighter than the malt vinegar.

Tomorrow I can remove the onions from the brine and settle them into the pickling jars and then leave them for a fortnight and see how they have come out. All I can say at present is, Vinegar really does stink when it's being boiled!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting