Been a while

We’ve wondered down to a little out of the way cove while on holiday. It’s called Churston cove and is on the south west coastal path just past Brixham and before Goodrington. When I was a teenager we used to come here in the evenings for barbecues and beers, the odd swim. I was never a huge swimmer. Actually, I was technically, I was a huge swimmer in the physical sense. 

It’s a pretty little cove. It reminds me of Greece, this little part of Devon, carved out of solid rock millions of years ago. 

Today I had a bit of a dip with my son who has discovered that if he uses me as a taxi he can go further out to sea than on his own. Fortunately he’s quite buoyant! He seemed to enjoy the experience of being in deep water. I enjoyed my little swim too. It has probably been a couple of decades since I’ve swum in the sea. Swimming with a tidal mass is hard work. 





As you can see it is pretty calm around here and fairly well shaded compared to some of the more touristy beaches you can go to. This place used to be quite unknown unless you were fairly local. That’s the advantage of local knowledge I guess. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting