An awkward case of mistaken identity.

My wife had gone out so I took the children out with me shopping. There is a local supermarket nearby that we go to. It is a German company. The one where once they have scanned your goods, they then throw it at you to catch and put into your trolley. If you aren’t nimble enough, you get buried under your own shopping!

As we meandered around the store, and we do meander, mainly because of my daughter. She has two gears; Dithering and meandering. This is particularly noticeable in supermarkets. It takes a little longer with her.

So, while we were navigating the middle aisles where this German retailer seems to think that we may well need an ample supply of face crème, but also, to compliment it, an arc-welder. We bumped into our female next door neighbour. We said Hello, she said she had recognised my daughters voice. We chatted for a bit and we went on our way around the shop.

We ended up behind her on the checkout, too. The shop was absolutely heaving. As we loaded our stuff onto the belt she was paying for her items and she was chatting to my daughter and me. The male cashier was scanning happily away at a rate of knots not dissimilar to that of a speedboat, when at last he finished my neighbours shopping.

As he produced the receipt he then proceeded to hand it over to my daughter and said, ‘Here you go, do you want to look after the receipt for your mum?’.


An awkward silence descended…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting