Life on the edge

One light is better than no light, I suppose.
The M69 is an unlit motorway. It has a few lights at the start where it links into the M6/A46 and towards the end when it branches into the M1 or you continue into Leicester. The big junctions are covered.

The rest, 17 miles or so is dark. In an ideal world, you would need headlights on. Or in fact, a legally compliant world you should have headlights.
By the by, as I was travelling home last night I did notice a car in the middle lan, as dusk began to fall, that looked pretty dark. Ah, no headlight, says I. The fool, put your lights on it'll be too dark soon. On closer focusing in the side mirrors I begin to realise that he has no headlights on.
Seems a tad unsafe and surely illegal. It is, isn't? I should check the Highway Code.
But it just didn't quite seem right as something could my eye and as he approached to overtake me – I was in the inside lane, pottering along – it then dawned on me what was so incongruous.

I assume that his headlights had gone within the last few hours/and he had been aware of this but had to drive home anyway. Using his initiative he had struck upon a glorious but insane idea: what would be fully acceptable would be to strap, as you would on a bicycle, one of those flashing LED lights. And so he had, he'd ignored that inner voice screaming moron at him and had, essentially, to mitigate the lack of headlights , attached a bicycle light to the front of his van as near to his headlight as he could.
Marvellous

And they ingenuity is dead, which in all fairness might well apply to this driver both literally and intellectually.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting