A funny thing happened on the way from the supermarket!

I had pottered around a local supermarket this lunchtime. Just to pick up some bits and get a decent walk in. Killing two birds with the one stone, so to speak. I had finished my shop and began to head back to work.

I had literally just left the shop and begun to walk through the car park towards the exit. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a white van driving quite slowly.

Strange, thought I. That is very slow and this is a relatively busy car park.

My initial assumption was that I was going to be asked for directions. This in itself would prove hilarious as I do not live where I work and unless he was about to ask for the place where I worked then the conversation would not be a productive conversation for him.

I meandered over holding my shopping bag to the drivers window.

As i drew up alongside the driver, he leaned out of the window and began to talk in a remarkably low volume, and he said;

‘Do you want to buy a TV?’

Now. Never having bought a TV from a man, in a van, in a supermarket car park I was, I admit, at a loss as to how to reply.

What I should have said was;

‘Well, thank you. But, no. I do not need a TV. However, I have heard of this remarkable. Thing that accompanies the Television. Do you have any of those Very High Standard cassette recorder machines that, I believe, allows you to watch talking pictures on?’

What I actually said was;

‘Um, no’

It's not that I dislike TV. In fact our television could easily be replaced by a larger, smarter Television. For example, it could come with an anti-drivel block for when my daughter watches her videos of weird Americans opening toy eggs. I am not sure this has been invented yet, sadly.

However, where I to invest in an upgrade, even I doubt that I would purchase said TV from the back of a white van driving through a Morrisons car park. That said I am convinced that it may well have been good value for money.


I will, though, stick with PC World for such things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting