He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man

so writes William Shakespeare, in, 'Much ado about nothing'. I myself am somewhat partial to a beard. It works on two fronts, as a protection against winter cold and as a mobile food locker, as you can always find something in there you ate 2 days ago that can provide sustainence on the go. A bit like a living lunchbox, if you will.
Well, pre-Grapevine I was a little unkept and while camping decided not to take the shaver because I fancied a lazy weekend, this then stretched into our two week holiday in France, where I and my wife decided I could remain unshaven on the proviso that I shaved it off on our return.
So here is the offending little fella, in its full glory!


Now, due to the agreement, it had to go, sadly. But not without, as a friend on facebook said, without doing a mexican and boy, he asked, so I delivered. I have managed the two style combo, the first, as my wife pointed out was Geoff from byker grove, for those who know! Not my favourite, but quite a facial statement I felt.

mighty fine victoriana I say and a passing nod here to chaps magazine. Yet, the next one was my particular favourite. As a huge fan of the mighty U2 rock band, I felt this as well as being my own personal homage to the Edge, but also to the great westerns which involved clint eastwood killing crazy mexicans. I present....my favourite.

sadly, this also had to go, once my wife stopped laughing. I quite liked it, but am not sure that Kirkby was quite ready for this fashion statement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting