The future reminds us of our past

I have to admit to beginning to get a little tense of late. Where I have become like a slightly wound up spring, unable to relax or remove the internal crushing pressure seemingly spreading within body and mind, due to impending parenthood and other issues. Hence I was pleasantly cheered by a couple of photos of the old Williams/Theaker stomping ground which reminded me of just how fortunate I was to grow up where I did, which is God's own county of Devon, hence I am Devonian, of mixed race. Half midlander (Mum from Bilborough) and half, very north welsh (Father from Angelsey or Yns Mons, depending on your view and home to my favourite town, 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch'. So as you can see it was natural geographical culmination that led to me being born in Devon.

Which here as you can see is a 'quaint' little fishing town on the english coast!



as you can see, if appearances sold places it would be a winner. Like everywhere it has good points and bad points. A little isolated at times but, in the words of Led Zeppelin I've had some, good times bad times. There is still a fondness there though.

My favourite photo was this one. It's taken from Berry Head a country park in the town that hugs the cliffs and coastland where we have our Napoleonic war forts, when the british government thought France would invade us.



as you can see, the english channel and south devon coast line is almost designed to be a place for pondering and walking alone to mull over thoughts. I have spent a fair few days walking this photo'd pathway back and forth into town. It's a great place and is fully recommended if you ever get down that way. And like I said, when you have coastline like this it is a great place to grow up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting