How Old?

Easy to say, but I am fairly sure that my daughter was only born, at best, 2 years ago. I can clearly remember driving her out of the local hospital in the back of the new car we'd bought just before because we knew we'd need more space. It had only been 7 months or so since I'd learnt to drive. Everything felt new at that point, but no more than driving her home that day. Like I said this was, at most 2 years ago.

However, it seems that she somehow celebrated her 11th Birthday a few days ago. How this happened I have no idea! Definitely 2 years. I am convinced of it. Who's wrong?

How has eleven years passed so fast? I have found children do have some way of accelerating time.

She has grown up so much; She's almost as tall as her mother! Amazing really. How you can be given a baby by a nurse and then told it's time to head home and away you go! They don't give you any advice, or in fact, any formalised instruction manual. Nothing.

And we haven't done too bad a job, I think. Our daughter is fairly well rounded and inquisitive. Apart from the odd moment she can also be fairly conversational, sometimes it can, admittedly be a grunt or a squeal. Children are odd things. I should know as I was one for quite a while. My wife keeps telling me that my daughter is a virtual carbon copy of who I am. We haven't entirely agreed on this yet as it's clearly stiff up for discussion.

I guess from a parents perspective the next decade will be the formative one. It will include; secondary school, emotional and physical changes, becoming an adult and potentially flying the nest. It will be an interesting decade for all of us.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting