When Role Reversal Feels A Little Shocking

It had to happen, at some point, looking back from the birth of our first child. Yet, it was the one situation I had not really thought about until I actually walked out of the place when the thought struck me like a lightning bolt.

I had just taken my daughter to her first parents evening; where we read her book of things that she had drawn, painted, written during the past year at nursery. I then listened to her teacher discuss what she was like in class, etc and then we viewed the room where she will go full time next year. 

We then left. And then, it struck me about the last parents meeting I attended...I was with my mum! I was the child. Like a small bomb going off in my head, this fact suddenly and without warning flooded my head. I was in Grace's position, accompanied by my parent, for my last parents evening at the age of 14. But no less, that was my last experience of parents evening. Now I experience as the parent. More of my life then sunk into me. There are times when this happens. When things you have done, or are doing and have been for quite some time when you truly realise that this has a significance your subconscious knew but hadn't quite lodged into place with your conscious. 

This was one of them. like being jarred a little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting