Grrrr.....Computers

I have had enough of windows Vista. It is quite frankly an awful beast of an operating system. Time for a punt on Windows 7. advertised as taking all the good bits from Vista and taking the rubbish out and building better bits on top. It's good as Vista is bad. Now, migrating from operating systems is never fun at the best of times and this, after all is an upgrade not a full install. Well, that was what it was meant to be until Vista stuffed up and I couldn't perform the upgrade process and after many attempts of bypassing or forcing it through it still didn't want to play ball. so fortunately I backed up the laptop before attempting any upgrade.

So, with much gulping the only option available was a full install of the operating system, this, for those who know, involves wiping everything clean from Programmes, to Passwords and Bookmarks, etc. All the annoying stuff that needs reloading and adds on the time involved. This though isn't a huge issue really, in the grand scheme of things albeit frustrating and time consuming. What has proved the issue is restoring the backed up data, such as Photos, etc. Which are all zipped and locked down. I have managed to restore some bits and pieces by restoring the data into the C drive, but this then filled and the restore ended, now this is annoying. Tomorrow will prove to be a day of more frustration as I attempt to get all the bits and pieces I need across onto the hard drive. I can then wipe the external drive and start again with back ups. We'll see how many walls I will have to bang with with my head then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting