Survived

Okay, it hurt. It hurt pretty bad but at the end of all the pain and suffering I got my free T-shirt for running the half marathon at Worksop....No wait, I didn't get my free T-shirt at all...I got through the finish and went to get my T-shirt and was in fact told that the box of Extra large T shirts, unlike me hadn't turned up for the event. So all I got was a plastic bag and a bottle of water! This is not the point of running of course, the goody bag at the end, each event differs, but none have ever surpassed Mansfield Half marathon who after completion gave me a bag of biscuits, crisps and water and then handed me a box of 6 free range eggs??? Which if I wasn't completely shattered from racing a hilly course in 27degree heat I may have asked, why? So, I could whip up a post race omelette? The only real comparison to inappropriate post race gifts was the kilomathon this year when I was handed after a race a token to redeem my free half pint sample of real ale from the beer tent. Now, I love real ale, more so than most but after running 16 miles probably only after swimming in a vat of vinegar would I wish to quench my thirst with a glass of beer.

Well, I now know exactly where I am in my running and once I have deconstructed myself, I will know what my aims and objectives will be for winter and beyond. I have spotted a rather challenging 100mile ultra race in october 2011

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting