eBay or eBurk?

I used to enjoy using eBay. It has at times proved quite a useful tool for disposing of items and also buying items, every now and then. I try to be a good ebayer, I pay quickly through eBay and to be fair I kind of like having that reciprocated. Over the last few weeks I've had a whirl of a time dealing with attempting to get rid of our first pram. I thought it would be relatively easy as it's a fairly easy process. I have put it into a fairly simple equation, which I present here;

Person wants to sell (x) person wants to buy (y) paypal (f) satisfactory transaction (g)

Hence;

X + y + (f) = g

Simples, as those annoying puppet ferrets would say on the tele. Except the two complete muppets I've dealt with on eBay lately. I will call them; time waster and can't read. For reasons I will now explain.

Time waster won the buggy first. The first excuse was, 'oh my paypal is down, can I pay on collection?', oh, okay. Not my usual response but I was feeling generous. I then sent collection details, we then went through a combination of excuses and not getting emails for days on end when the final straw involved the classic, 'my car is in the garage and they won't tell me when it will be released. Can I contact you when it's released?'

No, you can't. You have until Friday to arrange collection, borrow a friends car or a relatives. Why this person bothered to even win the auction I have no idea. Obviously had no intention in paying, or collecting. I can only presume that they allow eBay in institutions nowadays, which is fantastic for the inmates. But as I've proved, not great for the people who they are buying from.

The pram got re-listed, but this time I specifically wrote that people should only bid if they have Paypal. I felt that I couldn't be more clear on this matter. I'd even written it in the English language. That's how clear I wanted to be. But no, even this wasn't enough for the next bidder who emailed 'Before i bid on your item i am having problems with paypal can I pay cash on collection?' I replied, in a Cheery tone, 'because of the previous idle time waster it needs to be a paypal purchase, sorry how you've been affected by the behaviour of others but sorry, I won't accept cash on collection' again, fairly explicit as far as I am aware. So, when the auction ends, they win the buggy. I receive an email within seconds telling me that they haven't managed to read my email, sent a whole 20minutes before the auction finishes and because of this, can they pay cash on collection?

Now, at this point. I had considered, briefly, I have to admit to thinking of phoning Barack Obama and politely asking for the use of two, Apache helicopter gun ships to use prejudicial force against two, in my eyes, moronic ebayers. I say briefly because I did think of the petrol costs involved, in dispatching two heavily armed attack helicopters could prove prohibitive. But as a thought the temptation was there.

As we now stand it has been re-listed, for the third time now and I have, arguably a false hope, that maybe I have filtered the complete morons out now. We'll see.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice sandwich for dinner

My relatives criminal Past....

Olympic Vomiting